The Partially Sighted Society provides information, advice, training, magnifiers and electronic low vision aids and clear print material for anybody with a visual impairment to help them to make the best use of their remaining sight.
From our sight centre in Doncaster, South Yorkshire we provide:
• Low vision assessments and sight tests at our independent NHS registered sight test clinic
• Fully-equipped drop-in resource centre with a wide variety of low vision aids including talking watches and aids to daily living; daylight lighting solutions, large print stationery etc.
• In-house design and printing service which produces a variety of stationery products for people with a visual impairment
• Suppliers of heavily lined stationery to schools, academies and other educational establishments
• Mail-order service
• Support group
• Telephone support and advice
• Visual Impairment Awareness training courses for carers and other professionals
• Oculus, the PSS large print quarterly membership which provides helpful articles and advice about living with partial sight.
A sample copy of Oculus may be downloaded as a PDF file here. If you would like to support us and join as a member for £20.00 per year please call 01302 965195.
• The PSS developed and promoted the Symbol of Visual Disability, commonly known as the Shaded Eye, which is now internationally recognised as the symbol of visual disability. This symbol has been incorporated into a variety of products to help identify the wearer as being sight impaired.
Please call 01302 965195 for further information or to book an assessment or to book an eye test